Oftentimes, we are not aware of just how intelligent we are! or even when we are cultivating our own intelligence. Take a look at the indicators and wonder about how are you exercising your spiritual intelligence.
The indications for a highly developed SQ include:
- the capacity to be flexible (actively and spontaneously adaptive)
- a high degree of self-awareness
- a capacity to face and use suffering
- a capacity to face and transcend pain
- the quality of being inspired by vision and values
- a reluctance to cause unnecessary harm
- a tendency to see the connections between diverse things (being “holistic”)
- a marked tendency to ask “Why?” or “What if?” questions and to seek ‘fundamental’ answers
- being what psychologists call ‘field-independent’ – possessing a facility for working against convention
Zohar, D., & Marshall, I. N. (2000). SQ: Spiritual intelligence, the ultimate intelligence. London: Bloomsbury.